I will have to thank my mum for this Keto Cracker recipe!
My mum lives interstate , so I only see her a couple of times a year and this year she and my dad came for Christmas. Before she came up to visit she told me all about this “Keto Cracker” (she called them seed crackers) recipe that she wanted to make for me.
Mum is a part of a CWA (Country Women’s Association) and they have a reputation of being the best cooks in Australia. The CWA is an institution and they have printed many cookbooks. One of the ladies in my mum’s group made this keto recipe bought this along to their morning tea. Mum loved the crackers and got the recipe off the lady and she bought it with her to share with me.
I had seen something similar in the health food aisle of the shops and I balked at the price they wanted for these “Seed Crackers”
When I saw how easy these were to make and that I had all the ingredients except the pumpkin and sunflower seeds on hand…I knew that I could make these on a regular basis and they are actually good for you and even better….They taste amazing and are so good to eat with dips and cheese.
It was also a chance for me to use my new cups and spoons…Don’t they look great!
If you are after an amazing set – Checkout our Amazon store and pick up a set for yourself
- servings 30
- 1 ⁄3 cup almond meal/flour
- 1 ⁄3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 ⁄3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 ⁄3 cup flaxseed or chia seeds
- 1 ⁄3 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground psyllium husks I used a breakfast fibre cleanse mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add boiling water and oil. Mix together with a wooden fork.
- Spread out the dough thinly on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. The tray I used was 14 x 10 "I also lightly scored the mix in the tray before baking so they broke into uniform pieces.
- Bake on lower rack for about 45 minutes, check occasionally. Let dry for another 15 minutes, but pay attention as seeds are heat sensitive. Make sure it is completely dried out so they stay crunchy.
- Turn off the oven and let the dry in the oven.
- Break into pieces and enjoy with dips or cheese
(Cooking Gods is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to www.amazon.com)