BBQ Spice Blend
A little bit of background – BBQ seasoning is a versatile spice blend to turn your grilling times into great culinary and social experiences! It has smoked notes, sweet touches, and herbal profile. For stronger seasoning, you can just use more or for a more subtle flavor, just add a pinch or two .
One of the great things about this spice blend is that you can have a lot stored to use at any time you wish to BBQ or grill meat.
A bit about the BBQ Spice Blend
The history of BBQ spice blends is more recent, with the modernization and globalization of cooking. However, the BBQ history started a long time ago, together with the development of the modern man. For long periods, ancient humans had not learned to control fire so meat and vegetables were consumed raw. At some point, the ancient humans discovered and started to explore what fire could do with the food. Then it was a huge development for food safety and to the use of available nutrients in food. A cooked product makes it easy to extract minerals and proteins. In that way, the history of BBQ comes really close to the history of human social development.
With many other technologies being developed across the times, the BBQ became a cultural habit.
Each culture and even region within a country will have their own way but all use the same most basic attribute: the fire.
BBQ spice can be used for all types of BBQ techniques including grilling over coals or flames.
The spices are also key elements in this mastery. With the right spices, you can change completely the dishes you cook.
Get our Spice eBook BELOW to get full instructions on how to use this easy spice blend!
PLUS get 5 other spice blend recipes and instructions
Also included in the Ebook :
An amazing discount code to buy our Stainless steel measuring Cups and Spoons – This will ensure accuracy when making your spice mix
BBQ spice Blend
- ¼ cup chili powder
- ¼ cup smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds ground
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Mix all elements together
- Store in spice jar
For Accurate measurements
A link to the set with a sweet discount is included in the Ebook listed above.
The Ebook is on it’s way to your Inbox
How to store your blends
- Keep away from heat, moisture, and direct sunlight. Avoid storing over the stove, dishwasher, sink or near a window. These elements will reduce flavour intensity and can also introduce moisture to your blend storage containers.
- Always close spice containers tightly after each use.
How to Optimize Freshness
- Spices and herbs that are whole, will maintain their freshness longer than those that are ground.
- Spices and herbs do not spoil as such but they do lose their strength. Old and weak seasonings will not deliver the taste they should.
- Spices and herbs will keep for a long time if they are stored in airtight bottles. The shelf life of properly stored spices and herbs is approximately 4 years for whole spices, 2-3 years for ground spices and 1-3 years for leafy herbs or when using dried peel.
- To see if your spices and herbs are still fresh – Check the look, smell and taste. A visual check for color fading is a good indicator of flavour loss. Taste and smell your spices and herbs; if a fresh odor or taste is not apparent, they need to be replaced.
- Do not sprinkle spices and herbs directly from the bottle over steam. Steam introduced into the bottle will hasten the loss of flavour and aroma. Steam will also result in the spices clumping together.
- Make sure your measuring spoon is completely dry when you dip it into the bottle. Moisture introduced into the bottle will also result in caking and flavour loss.