This Mexican Spice Blend is so easy to make and use.
This Mexican Spice Blend is made to give a Mexican spiciness to any food! It is simple to make and surprising in your mouth! You can feel the paprika, the chili, coriander and cumin. All these strong spices that together create a blend to season like a magic touch. If you love Mexican food, you will love this easy spice Blend.
If you are new to seasoning food or want to know more about it download our spice eBook
Get our Spice eBook BELOW to get full instructions on how to use this easy spice blend!
Inside is a recipe for a delicious Beef Nachos to share recipe.
PLUS get 5 other spice blend recipes and instructions
Also included in the Ebook :
An amazing discount code to buy our Stainless steel measuring Cups and Spoons – This will ensure accuracy when making your spice mix
The Mexican culinary identity is almost inseparable from the chili peppers and strong spices like cumin, coriander, and fresh cilantro and these are combined with fresh ingredients like limes, tomatoes, avocados, corn, peppers and crispy lettuce that bring coolness to the food and brings the magical contrast when combined with the heat of the chilies
Mexican cuisine incorporates the cooking of ancient Aztec and Mayan Indians with ingredients and cooking techniques and then the invasion from the Spanish in the 1500’s bought new spices, fruit and livestock to the region and new flavors and recipe variations were created
Salsas, stews, chilies and other typical dishes would not be as we know them without the qualities from amazing spices used in modern Mexican cooking.
Mexican Spice Blend
- 4 tablespoons chili powder See note
- 3 tablespoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 4 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon back pepper powder
- Mix all elements together and use as desired to season food.
- Store in a spice jar
Note Chili powder is not Cayenne pepper If you wish to make your own Chili powder you can with this ratio Homemade Chili Powder Recipe 1 tablespoon ground cumin 2 teaspoons garlic powder 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1 teaspoon paprika 1 teaspoon ground oregano
For Accurate measurements
A link to the set with a sweet discount is included in the Ebook listed above.
How to store your blends
- Keep away from heat, moisture, and direct sunlight. Avoid storing over the stove, dishwasher, sink or near a window. These elements will reduce flavour intensity and can also introduce moisture to your blend storage containers.
- Always close spice containers tightly after each use.
How to Optimize Freshness
- Spices and herbs that are whole, will maintain their freshness longer than those that are ground.
- Spices and herbs do not spoil as such but they do lose their strength. Old and weak seasonings will not deliver the taste they should.
- Spices and herbs will keep for a long time if they are stored in airtight bottles. The shelf life of properly stored spices and herbs is approximately 4 years for whole spices, 2-3 years for ground spices and 1-3 years for leafy herbs or when using dried peel.
- To see if your spices and herbs are still fresh – Check the look, smell and taste. A visual check for color fading is a good indicator of flavour loss. Taste and smell your spices and herbs; if a fresh odor or taste is not apparent, they need to be replaced.
- Do not sprinkle spices and herbs directly from the bottle over steam. Steam introduced into the bottle will hasten the loss of flavour and aroma. Steam will also result in the spices clumping together.
- Make sure your measuring spoon is completely dry when you dip it into the bottle. Moisture introduced into the bottle will also result in caking and flavour loss.